The Complete Canadian Rockies – 2017
7 Nights / 8 Days
You’ll board the ViaRail train for your trip to Jasper National Park at 8:00 PM for an 8:30 PM departure. Spend a night on the train in a private bedroom and wake up as the train travels through the diverse scenery of the British Columbia’s interior with its rugged mountains, rivers, ranch lands and lakes.
The train arrives in Jasper National Park at 4:00 PM. Before it does, you’ll have time to explore the train and enjoy the spectacular scenery of Canada’s Rocky Mountains.
The train has, besides your private bedroom, a lounge, club car and one or more observation cars . Breakfast and lunch are included and both are served in the dining car.
You’ll spend two nights in Jasper and you’ll have one free day. There is a lot to see in and around Jasper. Our favourite Jasper activities include a visit to the Jasper Tramway that goes to the top of Whistler’s Mountain, a visit to Mt Edith Cavell and the Angel Glacier, Maligne Canyon and Maligne Lake. Let us help you make the most of your free time in Jasper.
From Jasper, you will tour to Lake Louise along one of the most spectacular highways in the world, the Icefield Parkway. You’ll see turquoise lakes, mountain peaks and many glaciers. You’ll also stop at the Columbia Icefield and ride one of the giant Ice Explorers onto the Athabasca Glacier where you can walk on the ice and drink melted glacial water.
In the afternoon, you’ll reach the Chateau Lake Louise with its own turquoise lake and its own glacier, and you’ll spend the night at the Chateau in a room with a view that may be the best in the world.
You will have a free morning at the Chateau. Be sure to take the opportunity to go for a walk along the lake shore and explore the Chateau itself. It has many public rooms and a lot of fascinating information about the history of the hotel and the area. Be bold. Take advantage of this opportunity to explore this magnificent building and surroundings.,
After lunch (not included), board your tour bus and head to Banff, 35 miles away. En route you will visit Yoho National Park and Emerald Lake.
You’ll spend the night in the picturesque town of Banff and the following morning you’ll board the Rocky Mountaineer train for your two day train trip through the Canadian Rockies and back to Vancouver. You’ll spend a night in Kamloops, small town in the BC interior, en route. Your package ends with a night in Vancouver.
For a longer circle tour of the Canadian Rockies, see the Golden Circle.
- Overnight on ViaRail train in a private bedroom
- Two days on the Rocky Mountaineer train
- 3 Breakfasts and 3 lunches
- Hotel stays in Jasper (2), Lake Louise, Banff, Kamloops and Vancouver
- Scenic tour from Jasper to Lake Louise along Columbia Icefield
- Scenic tour from Lake Louise to Banff
- Rocky Mountaineer SilverLeaf or GoldLeaf Service
- Additional Nights and Activities in Vancouver
- Rental Car in the Canadian Rockies
- Evening wildlife viewing in Banff
- Jasper Tramway, Mt. Edith Cavell, Maligne Canyon & Lake
- Call 604-990-9299 or 1-800-913-9207 or Email us for more information and reservations.
|Complete Canadian Rockies – 2017 Prices|
|Start Dates||SILVERLEAF||GOLDLEAF||GOLDLEAF DELUXE|
|May 2 – May 23||$3,878||$5,024||$5,504|
|May 26 – 30||$4,099||$5,351||$5,879|
|Jun 2 – Sep 26||$4,168||$5,476||$6,004|
|Oct 3 – Oct 10||$3,632||$4,632||$5,058|
Prices are per person, before taxes, based on double occupancy
Starts in Vancouver
April 25, 28
May 2, 5, 9, 12, 16, 19, 23, 26, 30
June 2, 6, 9, 13, 16, 20, 23, 27, 30
July 4, 7, 11, 14, 18, 21, 25, 28
August 1, 4, 8, 11, 15, 18, 22, 25, 29
September 1, 5, 8, 12, 15, 19, 22, 26, 29
October 3, 6, 10
|Vancouver to Vancouver|
|1||Board ViaRail at 8:00pm||Onboard ViaRail|
|2||Arrival in Jasper and free afternoon||Jasper|
|3||Free Day in Jasper||Jasper|
|4||Icefield Parkway Tour & Ice Explorer||Lake Louise|
|5||Yoho Park Tour to Banff||Banff|
|6||Board Rocky Mountaineer to Kamloops||Kamloops|
|7||Board Rocky Mountaineer to Vancouver||Vancouver|
|8||Vacation ends in Vancouver|
Levels of Service
Rocky Mountaineer: SilverLeaf and GoldLeaf Service
- SilverLeaf Service includes reserved seating in a custom built single level car with expansive windows curving into the ceiling, hot breakfast and lunch served at your seat, and complimentary alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages during the day.
- GoldLeaf Service – Reserved seating in the GoldLeaf elevated dome car. Breakfast and lunch are served in the GoldLeaf dining car and GoldLeaf passengers have access to the outdoor viewing platform.
- GoldLeaf Deluxe – GoldLeaf Service on the train with upgraded rooms your hotels. Alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages are included.
View the Differences between SilverLeaf and GoldLeaf Service